Friday, August 10, 2007

Shakepear's Atoms

I'm an antsiest and don't believe in reincarnation, so I'm pretty much fucked when I pop my clogs.

I read somewhere that we all share about fifty thousand of the atoms that also made up William Shakespeare. I wonder what bit of him I got?

[Fuck.]

I think that Faith, my definition of the word Faith, could be switched with the definition of the word Hope.

Insert your dictionary definition of the word Hope - here - now [there's 57 Heinz varieties to choose from]

When my son was born he had to have an operation on his stomach, I really did take a moment, in the children's ward of Liverpool Womens Hospital and prayed to god, 'Please let him wake up after the anesthetic.'

The last time I prayed, before that, was the night that my Granddad Jones passed away, I was 16 and cried myself to sleep.

I'm thinking of what to type next. I'm staring at the wallpaper on my living room wall. I know that it's spinning around the sun at 10,000 bpm ( or whatever) , just as I am.

I know that our sun is in an obscure corner of the universe.

I know that the planet Earth, that we're cutting down all the tree's on, has only been able to sustain life for that last million or so years (before that it looked like Runcorn).

I know that Homosapien man left the African plains thirty thousand years ago, after he'd fucked all the Neanderthal women and eaten all the Neanderthal men.

I know that man invented god, god didn't invent man.

I know that the Romans crucified a man called Jesus Christ.

I know that 500 years ago, burning witches was a national sport.

I know a car bomb can kill someone I went to school with.

[Fuck.]

I know that the last time I prayed to god it went something think this -

'please let him wake up after the anesthetic,
please let him wake up after the anesthetic,
please let him wake up after the anesthetic.'



'Goodnight, thank you, and may your god go with you.'
Dave Allen (July 6, 1936- March 10, 2005)

No comments: