Thursday, August 23, 2007

Not a poem

I'm not sure what I think about poems in this blog.

In fact I am sure my writing isn't meant to be in a poemy form.

There is a piece of music called Glasgow Love Song, by Craig Armstrong. I think it's off the movie This Years Love, don't know for sure as I've avoided it. I've just realised that I purposely don't watch romance/love story type movies. I guess it's much the same for those people have who have extreme reactions to horror movies or anything with Steven Segal in it.

Just the title fires up emotions in my head. Now I'm thinking if This is This Years Love, what happened last year? And what the fuck is gonna happen next year?

I've just listened to this track twenty times on the run. It's only 2 minutes long but very moving, and I feel a loss inside of me. I can imagine this music fading in, in the movie, just at the very moment the hero/heroines heart gets threw into a mincer and made into dog food. I keep thinking of words to go with this piece of music . It's 1.19am now, and now... it's twenty-one times. I'll be up all night if I don't do this.


Waited more than you could know

Wanted less than you let go

Just hold on and you’ll be here

Just hope now that you are near

I don’t want to be too happy

I’ll settle for being ordinary


It's 1.48am now. It's not much of a poem but I think I can go to bed soon.


I just need to listen to Spider-pig
off the Simpsons soundtrack, then have a wank.

No comments: