Monday, September 10, 2007

'Bioshock ending - shit' shock!

I've just finished Bioshock.

The ending to the best video game experience ever was always going to feel a bit flat.

For the first time since...well the last time a truly great game came out (Resident Evil 4 maybe), the boundaries between video games, cinema and killin' shit all got a bit blurred. The auteurs at Take 2 have produced an amazing interactive experience, a triumph of the senses, an Xbox 360 wankathon.

No real spoilers here but I need to let you know I got the evil ending.

And when the ending did come, I was expecting some reward or a grade for how well I'd done. I'd have settled for a movie clip that tied up some of the story threads. Instead I got a 60 second set up for Bioshock II and then threw back to the title screen.

I wish I'd killed more of those little bitches now...

No comments: